- Why is the website "Peanut" Ryan? When we shared the great news with our family, our baby was the size of a peanut. Since we didn't know the sex, Peanut became a nickname and the name just stuck.
- Is 'Violetta' your baby's name? Yes it is!
- Why 'Violetta'? As a child, Amelia used to pick flowers with her mother, and violets were a shared favorite between the two of them. We both liked 'Violet' but wanted to have something a little more pretty and unique sounding to the name.
- What's Violetta's middle name? Her middle name is 'Camille' in honor of Amelia's mother.
- Why are you doing this website? I wanted to let family and friends stay in touch with our pregnancy, and hopefully get a laugh or two about how ill-prepared I am with all things baby-related. I have zero experience with babies - Violetta will be the first baby that I've ever held, not to mention the first baby I'll have changed.
- Will you keep doing this after Violetta is born? Definitely - it's been a lot of fun. I imagine there will be a lot more pictures though and less writing once she's born.
About 6 years ago, we created a wedding blog called "Ryan's Out West". Well, the two "Ryan's Out West" have decided it's about time to grow up and add a third; little Peanut Ryan. This blog will follow our adventures into parenthood, and allow our family and friends to share in the journey. Our due date is set for mid September! Peanut Revealed Some answers to commonly asked questions: